One of my favourite herbs is Cayenne Chilli Pepper.
We mostly know it as a spice but it is also considered as a powerful healing herbal remedy. We always have a bush growing in the garden, and as nature will always provide, it is a prolific fruiter. We literally get hundreds of chilli’s off one little bush. So many that we have to freeze them or give them away.
What are the benefits of Cayenne?
- It supports better circulation
- Helps to regulate blood pressure
- Topical pain relief for arthritis and joint pain
- Relieves headaches and helps to prevent migraines developing
- Relieves pain of shingles
- Helps to thin the blood
- Can stop a heart attack – a famous herbalist Dr Christopher says he always used cayenne for heart problems and never lost a patient from heart attack, when he could give them a cup of hot water with cayenne.
- Can stop a nosebleed
- Can heal stomach ulcers
- Can heal deep wounds
This is a herbal remedy that I use in a lot of my formulations. It can be very hot so needs to be used with great respect!
At home you can use powdered cayenne pepper. A daily dose can make a big difference in your health.
To a cup of boiling water, add a ¼ teaspoon of cayenne powder. You will need to start with just a pinch initially, as it takes a bit of getting used to. Slowly increase the quantity. You can also put the powder into water or juice.
Obviously if you are taking any medications, do check with your doc that you can add the chilli to your daily regime.