Here is how to have delicious home made gluten free savoury shortcrust pastry at any time.
- Buy a pack of The Gluten Free Granny savoury shortcrust pastry flour mix
- Follow the recipe below.
Mike's Tomato Marinade
- 1 x pack The Gluten Free Granny Savoury Shortcrust Pastry Flour Mix
- 140g butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- Place all ingredients, starting with 2 tablespoons of water, into a food processor. You can of course mix in your mixmaster or by hand.
- Mix until a ball forms, adding more water as you need it. It wont take long. Don’t over mix.
- Wrap in cling wrap and rest in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Lightly flour bench top using a gluten free flour such as cornflour, or roll pastry between two sheets of baking paper
- Roll out to a thickness of 3-4mm.
- Place pastry into your pie or tart dish.
- Line pastry with baking paper and ceramic pie weights or uncooked rice.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove rice or weights and paper.
- Return pastry base to the oven and bake for another 5-10minutes, or until pastry is just golden and there are no ‘moist’ looking patches on the pastry.
- Remove from oven
- Allow to cool for at least 15minutes.
- Add filling and bake according to pie or tart recipe .