And as we move into the new year a healthy goal you could have is to start a walking regime if you don’t already get out there. A daily 20 minute walk will make a big difference in your health and fitness.
Here are a few reasons why you might enjoy your daily walk:
- Boosts endorphin production, easing stress, anger, fatigue and mental confusion. Clears away the cobwebs in other words.
- Reduces the susceptibility to illness. Can halve the amount of colds you get.
- Builds bone mass, and so lessens the risk of osteoporosis.
- Improves balance
- Increases lung capacity
- Improves blood pressure – high or low will help to balance your blood pressure
- Reduces your risk of glaucoma
- Burns fat
- Increases energy levels
- Helps reduce the risk of bowel cancer in women, and cancer in general for all
- Improves cardiovascular health and improves circulation
- Reduces the risk of alzheimers
- Strengthens leg muscles
- Helps to cleanse and detox the tissues
- When you walk, or do any exercise, your body releases serotonin, which makes you feel good
Lots of good reasons to get into the walking habit.